Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I have been painting birdhouses with my kids- you know in Chicago, how they had the decorated cows all over, like arty landmarks? I am going to put these all around our place up north, and give them to my family members, my own arty statement. I find it very therapeutic, the detailed painting work. (Thanks for the picture from my reluctant, but oh-so-talented daughter Margaret)

It's good I've got a therapeutic craft, because yesterday was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Ever have one of those? At work my dyslexia was on parade. I got off early, rushed to a doctor appointment, only to find it was for NEXT Monday. Total D'oh.

Then, news of the weird dept: Sue, my co-worker claims she NEVER dreams, and last night she did, and I was there. (We had the flu together, boring dream, but there I was.) A teeny bit weird. My sister called me at work this morning telling me I was in HER dreams last night, too! (She and I were trying to take our grandmother up north, in a rickshaw. Another odd dream...) So, I was all over people's dreams last night, I feel honored, and a lil' creeped out, all at once.

The good news? Petey's neck lump is ruled fine, and I'm so glad he's okay. He is the sweetest dog. Turning a year and a half made such a difference, his behavior has been lovely.

I finished The Circus in Winter, I liked it but didn't love it. I have started Mrs. Kimble, so far it has been pleasing, telling stories of life in the wake of a duplicitous male, the women he sweeps along,and leaves behind. The reviews kinda panned it, I am interested to see if I will agree, if feel the story holds up.

Okay, I think I have recuperated enough from the weekend and yesterday to lay out some cards...
"What do I look out for this week?"
Well, the Knight of Wands- Delays, setbacks, stuckness. A loss of confidence, trips me up.

To support me is The Empress- if I can get going, the Empress will keep me moving, with momentum this card could be very productive. A passionate approach to life, to love. A time for mothering others, for mothering myself.

Finally, the 5 of Cups- recovering from sorrow and moving forward. Fresh starts.

Okay, onward and upward, as my Daddy said. Tomorrow WILL be a better day, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home