Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hey y'all! This is a picture of my new quilt (NOT my bedroom, I ripped the photo off the website...) We, up until a few months ago, were owners of one of the last full flotation waterbeds. (Party on Garth) It was the base model, no bookshelves or mirrors, which we had painted. For a long time we had kids sleeping with us a lot, and it's no big deal (or stain!) stain when a kid wets a waterbed. Then we couldn't afford to replace it, then we wondered if we could make the change? Were our spines crippled from years of inadequately filled mattresses???

In May we purchased a real, grown-up mattress! It's Queen-size, with a snuggly buggly pillow top- we are in looooove. Our backs are much-improved, and it's lovely to have a bed you can move easily. I have a headboard that was my grandmother's, it's stained oak and I'm going to strip it and apply oil, (oow, sounds naughty!) this weekend. AND, I purchased this quilt, and a bedskirt- after years of a sloppy waterbed, I feel I have finally arrived. Hey, check out
http://www.ebates.com/, when you click through the ebates site to shop online, they send you a rebate check!!!

My Tarot sale is over, all readings are done, and thank you all for the wonderful response!

Today I have been suzy homemaker- Meatloaf in the oven, my sister's excellent rice and spinach salad prepped, and ALL my laundry is done! NO huge piles! A stellar life moment.

I am almost finished with Red Dragon, the precursor to Silence of the Lambs. It's what I expected, a competently written, creepy and gross, murder mystery. I have another book about circus life that just came, The Aerialist, I am anxious to get on to that. What is my sudden interest in Circus history?

I hope you all are as hap-hap-happy as me today!!!!


Mrs. Frazier's Chinese Salad via my sis nanc

Dressing:
1/4 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup oil
1 clove crushed garlic
Mix, and marinate dressing 1 hour.

2 cups cooked rice
1/2 pkg fresh spinach
Chose 1: 1 small can chow mien noodles, peanuts or sunflower seeds
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup green pepper chopped
3 stalks green onion, chopped
1 cup cashews

Mix all, pour dressing over, mix well!

WAYYYYYYYY delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home