Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunflowers at the market are 3 stems for a 1.00! What a deal! I always come home and pick some things from the yard, and create arrangements for all over my house. This is my bedroom display, in an estate sale milk bottle.

I finally got my pictures of our vacation online, see them here- 3 Bears Fun.

I'm home tonight, James and Dan went to the neighbor's Barbecue, M & I feel crappy, we're snuggling in tonight hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Speaking of luck, I see a lot of wildlife driving to work- turkeys, deer, raccoons, weasels, but lately I am seeing Hawks everywhere I go. For awhile I was seeing all this as a co-inky-dink, but today there was one perched on my husband's truck, just feet from our door. It's starting to feel more omen-like, so I looked it up online-

This is an excellent link, it spoke of the Tarot connection. More lore i found:
  • Native American dreams revere the hawk and eagle the way the Greeks revere Zeus and Hermes. The hawk is the warrior-visionary while the eagle is the sacred wisdom and power. To dream of hawks is to see oneself as engaged in, but outwitting, opponents through the ability to perceive more completely. It may also be a dream of providing adequately through skillful acquisition or insightful manoeuvring.

  • Hawks are observant and perceptive messengers from the spirit world. They symbolize noticing the big picture, using your talents, omens, dreams, courage, defense, wisdom, illumination, truth and experience. They are connected to Horus, Ptah, Rehu, Seker, Amenti, Apollo, Artemis, INdra, Ahura Mazda, and Mithras.

  • The hawk was the principal sacred bird, and was identified with Horus and Ra, the sun-god. The souls of kings were supposed to fly up to heaven in the form of hawks, perhaps due to the kingship originating in the hawk district in upper Egypt. Seker, the god of the dead, appears as a mummified hawk, and on his boat are many small hawks, perhaps the souls of kings who have joined him.
Hmmm, I wonder what this hawk means to me, other than I need to keep an eye on my little dog! I don't want him to get snatched.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home